Moving a short distance may seem like it would be easier than moving a long distance, but this is not always the case. Movers may take it for granted that there is still a good amount of preparation entailed in a move, no matter the distance traveled. Here are some great tips for short distance moving in Fort Myers FL.
* Since the home being moved to is much easier to access more frequently when the move is only a short distance, it is a good idea to visit it and get all rooms measured. This way, there can be a concrete plan in place as to where each piece of furniture will be moved to.
* Instead of buying new boxes, which can get very expensive very quickly, borrow boxes or crates from friends to aid in the move. This way, they can be returned when the move is completed and more than a few dollars can be saved.
* There is no need to rent an enormous moving truck when a more modest sized one will do. Experts recommend the truck be no bigger than the biggest piece of furniture that is being moved. This is because it is usually cheaper to make multiple trips than rent a truck that may be bigger than actually needed.
* If the new home is available to be moved into before the old home needs to be vacated, leverage this time and get moving right away. This makes the entire process less stressful and makes it even easier to move things into the rooms where they are intended to be placed.
* Use the Short Distance Moving in Fort Myers FL as an opportunity to declutter a bit and send those long-forgotten-about belongings to thrift stores or other charities. If the item has not been thought about in years, it is a good idea to get rid of it.
Get more information about short distance moving by visiting the website. Moving experts can aid in the process and make the whole procedure stress-free so clients can concentrate on other things in their lives.